Girl Farm is officially coming to an end! We have learned, worked, and sweated well together... For this post, I would love for each you to reflect upon this experience. Please answer the following questions...
1. What question do you still have about organic farming or local food?
2. What knowledge from Girl Farm will you use in your future life?
3. What is a fun memory that sticks out in your mind from Girl Farm?
1. Do you have to weed all of your plant crops by hand (no matter how many acres)?
ReplyDelete2. How to be sustainable and to maybe have a SWEETT garden in my backyard...grow some razzleberry's YESSSSSSS!
3. The Hammock (nothing to explain there...)...hehe...Also the sleepover because it was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!! JA MAN!
PICKLE!
1. If someone has an organic farm how do they get a stand in a farmer's market and where else can you sell your produce?
ReplyDelete2. I took this class in the first place because I wanted to be an organic farmer as my career. This class has taught me ALOT I think I will use. I also want to do wwoofing and farm internships.
3. Hanging out in the hammock, the sleepover, and playing in mud!!!
1. How do co-ops work?
ReplyDelete2. It's okay to get dirty! It does wash out!
3. Watching movies and playing Spoons in the basement while curled up in sleeping bags to take refuge from the rain.
1. How well do organic farmers do money wise compared to traditional?
ReplyDeleteWhat are the main main products that come from organic foods
2. I really want to WWOOF now that Ive learned about it in class
3. I dont have a specific memory but having fun with my classmates and
teachers.
1. how do organic farmers get their food in different farmers market.
ReplyDelete2. after this class is over i will remember to keep eating organic food, and making good choices for myself about food.
3. at the end of the class, i loved the sleepover.
is it easy to find seeds in local grocery stores that are not genetically modified?
ReplyDeletei can take some of this to the work i do with youth farm.
when we come here on the bus we always sing and talk.
what i learn is how to plant and how deep the whole for the seed to go in
ReplyDeletemy favorite thing was watching a movie listening to music and talking with my best friend
1.How do you keep the crops from getting pesticides on them when the farm next door sprays them?
ReplyDelete2.Girl farm might affect my future because I would like to try WWOOFing when im older.
3.I love the bus ride to and from the farm. I also love the planting and harvesting
1. Is it possible to restore a plant that is very close to dieing?
ReplyDelete2.The things i've learned from this experience of girl farming is the knowledge of planting organicly.
3. The funest thing about girl farm is to be there at the farm and to be with nature....
1. How can you get involved in the Farmer's Market?
ReplyDeleteDoes asparagus need sunlight when you grow it inside?
2. I want to go WWOOFing!!! This class has also helped with my own veggie garden at home... especially with making natural fertilizer for bugs :P
3. I really love the bus rides over and back from the farm because it actually is a "bonding time" with everyone :)